19. Application for recovery of gratuity:-

Where an employer fails to pay the gratuity due under the Act in accordance with the notice by the controlling authority under rule 17 or rule 18, as the case may be, the employee concerned, his nominee or legal heir, as the case may be, to whom the gratuity is payable may apply to the controlling authority in duplicate in Form ‘T’ for recovery thereof under section 8 of the Act.